Greater Manchester collates and publishes publicly waiting times data for children and young people’s mental health services and we have committed to providing quarterly updates on the Greater Manchester waiting time position.
Current figures at March 2019 show:
- The average wait across Greater Manchester for a first appointment is 7.81 weeks
- Average wait across Greater Manchester for a second appointment is 13.45 weeks
- Average wait across Greater Manchester for a third appointment once accepted into treatment is 5.13 weeks.
- All three appointment waiting times areas for Greater Manchester have reduced since quarter 3.
- We recognise that although we are increasing access far more than when compared nationally that there is still more to do. Improving access is underpinned by the timeliness it takes to receive support and treatment. Across GM localities there are different challenges to this. Therefore, we are initiating support to reduce variation and have established waiting times pilots (Wigan & Trafford) focusing on practices and techniques to support improvement in access and waiting times. As we learn we will share this to drive improvement in access and waiting times across GM.